Agadir Taghazout Argan Museum
AGADIR SOUSS MASSA, Agadir Taghazout Argan Museum is enriched with an Argan center equipped with the first museum in the world dedicated to Argan. Located in the Taghazout Bay resort and was developed by the Société d’Aménagement et de Promotion de la Station of Taghazout in collaboration with local cooperatives, historians, museologists, and other specialists in the Sector and then entrusted to the South Foundation for Development and Solidarity to ensure it its operation.
This center focused on promoting local products, and aims to:
- Preserve the natural and cultural heritage linked to the Argan.
- Enhance the process of production of argan and marketing of its products and derivatives.
- Support cooperatives and women in the AGADIR SOUSS MASSA region.
- Contribute to the solidarity economy in the region.
On the strength of its values with a strong social and solidarity dimension and its original concept, the Targant Center offers Six Experiences:
- A museum to tell the Argan of yesterday and today.
- Production workshops for Argon and its derivatives.
- Areas for tasting and selling products from local production.
- A restaurant offering dishes based on local products.
- Around the concept of Targant – Musée de I’Argan,
Agadir Targant Museum
a series of events and entertainment is scheduled throughout the year with various activities:
- Cooking Class
- Conference around the Argan
- Competition around the Argon
- Argan planting day
- An annual event on the occasion of the day
- international argan tree “Art’gan Days”
Agadir Targant Museum is possible to be visited from Agadir city and below you will find all the booking options.
- A hiking area allows a natural immersion in the world of Argan.
A MUSEUM TO TELL THE ARGAN OF YESTERDAY AND TODAY
The argan tree carries ecological, social, and human values.
Its exploitation has always been based on mutual aid, tolerance, cooperation, and cohesion that should be transmitted to young people through didactic programs.
Taghazout Targant Museum
It is in this spirit that TARGANT houses the Argan Museum dedicated to the argan tree, whose objective is to strengthen communication efforts with a national audience and international on this world heritage recognized by UNESCO as a resource unique and exceptional and to contribute to its enhancement and protection. Taghazout Targant Museum is the unique and the only Argan Museum in the world.
The museum’s programming is designed to interest several targets, by highlighting different axis values:
- Didactics through a “History and Prehistory” area
- Technique through a “Valuation techniques” area
- Scientific and socio-economic through an “Argon Ecosystem” space
- Innovation through an “Argan, today and tomorrow” area
- Fun through an “educational space”